Thursday, December 24, 2009
I love using my crock pot, and I love meals with not too many ingredients. This turkey chili is simple to make but we love it and make almost once a week in the winter. Derek doesn't like onions and I don't like kidney beans, which is why they aren't included in the recipe.
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
27 oz can of pinto beans
8z can of tomato sauce
1.25lb ground turkey
packet of McCormick Chili seasoning
cup of shredded cheddar cheese
tsp salt and pepper to season meat
1. Cook and season the turkey meat in a skillet.
2. Add the beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce to the crock pot and stir.
3. Add the cooked chili to the crock pot.
4. Mix in the chili seasoning.
5. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
**Serve with sprinkled cheddar cheese on top and cornbread!