Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Chicken Pot Pie
MUST TRY RECIPE!!!
I've been meaning to post this recipe for a while, tonight I finally remembered to take a picture! This is Derek's favorite weekday meal. He insists that he could have it once a week for the rest of his life and NEVER get sick of it...we will see;) I love this recipe because it's simple to make and provides enough leftovers for a few days. I've opted for a lower carb version, so I do not put a "pot pie" crust on the bottom, just on the top. I've seen a lot of pot pie recipes with an overload of ingredients, and have even attempted a few. After spending hours in the kitchen, I used the ingredients I thought were most important and cut out the others to create this recipe. Overall, the recipe is perfect for my taste, time, and budget! ENJOY!
1 can of reduced fat crescent rolls
1-1/2 lbs of chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bag (16oz-20oz) mixed frozen vegetables
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Fill a small-medium pot with water and bring to a boil.
3. Boil chicken on the stove until cooked through (6-8 min).
4. Remove chicken and cut into small pieces.
5. Pour both cans of soup in a glass baking dish (I use a rectangular 7x12).
6. Empty in bag of frozen vegetables on top of soup and mix well.
7. Add chicken to soup and vegetable mixture and stir until chicken is mixed in.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top, as much as you prefer to taste.
9. Open crescent rolls and unroll them without tearing apart. Lay rolls on top of the pot pie mixture.
10. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until rolls are golden brown on top.