Sunday, April 25, 2010
Chicken Delight with Parmesan Basil Potatoes
My friend Brittany told me about a fabulous blog Fly Through Our Window, which is where I found this recipe. I love this blog and I was excited to try my first new recipe in almost a month! What caught my eye was the simplicity of the meal. I changed a few things and added red peppers to the chicken recipe. All of the ingredients worked well together. Overall, it was easy to make, and came out perfect. The veggie and potatoes that I made with it were delicious. I have to say, some of the best I've made. Derek said this recipe would be added to the weekly rotation. The best part of the meal was that there was hardly any clean up.
Chicken Delight *Click on the link for the recipe and step by step directions*
Changes I made: I added bell peppers to the chicken with the squash and zucchini. You will have leftover veggies, save them to add to the potatoes (see below). I also waited to add the mozzarella cheese. I cooked the chicken, then took it out after 35 minutes. I then added the cheese to the top, closed the aluminum foil back up for an additional two minutes. This allowed the cheese to melt just right.
Parmesan Basil Potatoes
6 small red potatoes quartered
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbs. olive oil
1 tbs. basil
1 tsp. garlic salt
large plastic bag
*left over zucchini, squash, and peppers*
**If making alone I would cook at 400 for about 20-25 minutes. Since I made it with the chicken, I cooked it at 350 for 35 minutes**
1. Spray cookie sheet or any baking pan that you would like to use with cooking spray.
2. In the large bag place potatoes and remaining vegetables.
3. Add olive oil to the bag mixture. Zip bag and mix well. Everything should be coated with a bit of oil.
4. Add in parmesan, basil, and garlic salt to the bag. Zip and mix well.
5. Spread potatoes and veggies evenly onto greased pan.
6. About half way through cooking, flip veggies and continue baking.