Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy


One of my favorite ingredient combinations is chocolate and peanut butter. Like most other recipes this month, I found this gem in a recent Taste of Home Magazine. I was so excited when I got the mail yesterday and realized I had a new Taste of Home waiting for me. I brought it in, got out my scissors and went to work. I had a meeting today that I wanted to make some treats for. This is one of the ones I picked. I have to say, they were much better than I expected and received rave reviews at work. Enjoy!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy
Ingredients
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, cubed
1/3 cup 2% milk
2 sleeves butter-flavored crackers (about 80 crackers)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions:
In a saucepan, combine the cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
Place a single layer of crackers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining crackers.
In a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour over crackers. Let stand until set. Yield: 15 servings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished