Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Potato-Sausage foil packs


Talk about a simple and easy recipe with lots of flavor! My mom brought me some turkey sausage this weekend, so as I planned my meals for the week I was in search of a recipe. I didn't have to look very far, this one was already cut out of last months Taste of Home magazine waiting in my recipe folder! I made a few changes to make the recipe work for me, but I was very happy with the taste and the easy clean up. I used turkey sausage instead of kielbasa (because that is what I already had). I didn't have yellow peppers, used petite red potatoes, and omitted the onions because my husband doesn't like them. This recipe is very versatile, keep an eye out for different variations this summer!

Potato-Sausage foil pack

Ingredients
1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
4 teaspoons lemon juice
4 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
Divide the kielbasa, potatoes, peppers and onion among four double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Drizzle with lemon juice and oil; sprinkle with garlic powder, pepper and salt.
Fold foil around kielbasa mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished