Wednesday, June 2, 2010
I'm not sure if this would be stromboli or a calzone. I don't know the difference and from the little searching I did for the answer, many others don't know the difference either. So, I went with stromboli because it was more of a roll and contained ricotta cheese. Anyways, I first made this recipe years ago and over the years I've created my own recipe. This recipe is delicious, easy to make, and a cheap meal! You can try different variations depending on your preference of toppings.
Ingredients: 1 cup of pizza sauce
2 cups of mozzarella shredded cheese
1 cup of ricotta cheese
1 tube of Pillsbury Pizza Dough
2 handfuls of pepperoni (we used turkey pepperoni)
1 tbs. italian seasoning
2 tsp. garlic salt
4 tbs. parmesan cheese
1 tbs olive oil
1. Roll out dough on a flat surface (use flour if needed).
2. Cut dough into 4 square pieces.
3. Place a layer of pepperoni on top each piece of dough.
4. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
5. Spread 1/4 of the mixture on top of the pepperoni layer.
6. Put a few (extra) pieces of pepperoni in the center of the dough.
7. Spoon on 1/4 cup of pizza sauce in the middle of the dough. Spread around center of dough.
8. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top of sauce. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese (1 tbs each).
9. Roll the dough into a cylinder, pinch the edges to seal.
10. Brush olive oil on the top of the dough and season with italian seasoning, garlic salt and additional parmesan cheese if desired.
**Bake at 375 for 30 minutes**
⋅ Labels: dinner