Monday, July 19, 2010

Corn Salsa



This past weekend was my friend Christina's 30th birthday party. Everyone was asked to bring a dish to share to the party and I couldn't wait to find a new recipe to bring! I have seen a lot of corn salsa recipes on websites and blogs recently, but I've never eaten it or made it. I love tortilla chips and anything that goes with them, so I decided to give it a try. I did a lot of online searching for a recipe I wanted to try. Here is where I found "the one". It came out perfect. The ingredients were so fresh, it is my new favorite recipe. I took 1/2 of the salsa to the party and kept the other 1/2 for the next day, for another party I was hosting. It was just as great the next day, not a drop left over. So, if you're searching for a light and delicious summer dip, look no further!!

Preparation time: 15 minutes. Servings 12-15.

Ingredients:

2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped (remember the gloves please)
2 tomatoes, cored and diced
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 cups fresh or frozen corn (preferably not canned)
Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
Instructions:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
Allow to sit for one hour before serving, stir occasionally
Taste and adjust seasoning

1 comment :

  1. Ooh I'm gonna try that out this weekend! Looks yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished