Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lemon Chicken




This recipe comes from Southern Living magazine. I had a subscription this past year and decided not to renew it because I wasn't finding many recipes that I was interested in. Of course, as soon as I make that decision, I get my last magazine in the mail and it is packed full of fab-u-lous recipes. Even though I didn't run and renew, I finally felt I got my $23 worth of the subscription. I think this is the first dinner I've made on the stove top since we moved because WE HAVE OUR NEW STOVE!! I love it and especially love that all 4 burners work!!! Enjoy!

Ingredients
4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
8 lemon slices
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Garnish: lemon slices
Preparation
1. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin or flat side of a meat mallet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.

2. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook half of chicken in skillet 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1 Tbsp. butter and remaining olive oil and chicken.

3. Add broth and lemon juice to skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add 8 lemon slices.

4. Remove skillet from heat; add parsley and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, and stir until butter melts. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.

1 comment :

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to make it tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished