Monday, November 1, 2010

Chicken and Veggie Tortellini



There aren't too many recipes I find myself ripping our of my Southern Living magazines, but this recipe has me regretting canceling my subscription. It was hands down one of the best recipes I've tried in a while. I don't know how to use the grill, so I decided to sauté the chicken and zucchini. It came out just as good. Enjoy!

Ingredients
4 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise (about 1 1/4 lb.)
2 skinned and boned chicken breasts (13 oz.)
1 tablespoon freshly ground Italian herb seasoning
1 (19-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled tortellini
1 (7-oz.) container refrigerated reduced-fat pesto
2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation
1. Preheat grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Sprinkle zucchini and chicken with seasoning.

2. Grill zucchini and chicken at the same time, covered with grill lid. Grill zucchini 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; let stand 10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, prepare tortellini according to package directions.

4. Coarsely chop chicken and zucchini. Toss tortellini with pesto, tomatoes, chicken, and zucchini. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished