Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Green Chili Artichoke Dip


I've made this dip twice over the holidays and it was a smashing hit both times.  Even my hubs, who doesn't like artichokes loved it.  I did make a few changes, which I noted in red.  And, like always- my favorite part of this recipe was how simple it was to make! Enjoy!

1
package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2
cup mayonnaise or salad dressing (mayo)
1
jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
1/4
cup finely chopped red bell pepper
8
to 10 Old El Paso® pickled jalapeño slices (from 12-oz jar), drained, chopped (2 tbs. green chili)
1/2
cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3
cup Progresso® panko crispy 


bread crumbs
72
water crackers (Sociables & Pepperidge Farm crackers)
DIRECTIONS
  • 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
  • 2. In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir in artichokes, bell pepper and jalapeños. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the cheese; stir remaining cheese into artichoke mixture.
  • 3. Spread cheese mixture evenly in bottom of pie plate. Sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs and reserved tablespoon cheese.4.Bake about 20 minutes or just until top is lightly golden. Serve warm with crackers.**This recipe is from Pillsbury.  I changed the name since I didn't use jalapenos. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished