Thursday, December 16, 2010

Winter Wonderland Cookies

 
Welcome to my first ever recipe creation!  After many trials without luck, I believe I've finally created a scrumptious cookie recipe, just in time for the holidays.  If you try these, please let me know what you think!




Ingredients:
3/4 cup brown sugar (I used dark)
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup shortening 
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp vanilla 
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats 
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries



Directions: 
1. Mix shortening and sugars together.
2. Add eggs- one at a time, then add the vanilla.  
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  
4. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture a little at a time.  Mix until blended. 
5. Stir in oats.  Then, stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.  
6. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.  
7. Roll 1 -1 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.  (Dough can be crumbly, make sure to pack into a ball, using a cookie scoop will help)
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are brown.  

Yields: 48 cookies


Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. Hey! It's Jackie from Mommy In The Baking! I am loving this site!! I just made some white chocolate and cranberry cookies too. This version is a little different, I'll have to try it. But I am eyeballing those Nutella Peanut Butter cookies!! YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished