Thursday, December 16, 2010
Winter Wonderland Cookies
Welcome to my first ever recipe creation! After many trials without luck, I believe I've finally created a scrumptious cookie recipe, just in time for the holidays. If you try these, please let me know what you think!
3/4 cup brown sugar (I used dark)
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup shortening
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Mix shortening and sugars together.
2. Add eggs- one at a time, then add the vanilla.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture a little at a time. Mix until blended.
5. Stir in oats. Then, stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Roll 1 -1 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. (Dough can be crumbly, make sure to pack into a ball, using a cookie scoop will help)
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are brown.
Yields: 48 cookies