Monday, February 21, 2011

Poppyseed Chicken




I found this chicken recipe a few weeks ago through a blog hop.  I immediately bookmarked it and made it last week.  It was really good.  When I make it again, I will use a little less sour cream.  I didn't add the melted butter, and didn't think anything was missing. I served it with brown rice and think some peas would compliment this dish as well. Enjoy! 


Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick crushed ritz crackers
2 tsp poppy seed
1/2 cup butter, melted

Directions:
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Precook chicken in boiling water until thoroughly cooked.
Remove from water and let cool.
Tear or chop chicken into small pieces and cover the bottom of a casserole dish.
Mix cream of chicken and sour cream in a separate bowl then spread over chicken.
Cover with crushed crackers.
Sprinkle poppyseeds over the top.
Drizzle melted butter on top.
Place in preheated over for 30 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished