I found this Campbell's recipe in a recent cooking magazine. It was a great meal for a chilly night. We ate ours with some tortilla chips. Next time, I'm going to make this recipe in the crock pot so it has a longer time to cook. Overall, it's a new dinner added to the menu!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into cubes
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, chili powder, cumin, onion and pepper and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Stir the soup, water, corn and beans in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with the cheese. Yield: 6 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each).