This recipe comes to you from a cute blog, Between Three Sisiters. I made them yesterday for our Super Bowl party. Next time I'd use a little less oatmeal, but overall they were delicious! I'm glad there were some leftover, I enjoyed one
or two after kickboxing tonight!
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup brown sugar, well packed
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups oatmeal (I use half quick cooking and regular oats)
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Set oven to 350 degrees. (make sure rack is in the middle)
2. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed cream the butter with both sugars
4. and vanilla until no sugar granules remain.
5. Add in the peanut butter and egg and beat until combined.
6. In a sifter (or a separate bowl) combine the flour with baking soda. Sift into to big bowl mixture and then stir.
7. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
8. Spread into prepared baking dish.
9. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until set (golden brown top).