Monday, April 18, 2011

Strawberry Blondies

It's been a while since I've whipped up some blondies.  I 

found this recipe in the most recent issue of Food Network 

Magazine.  I was planning on bringing a sweet treat to a girls

 beach weekend away and decided to make this one.  What I 

LOVE LOVE LOVE was that this recipe takes no time to make.

  It is soo easy, I didn't even have to use my mixer.  I did make

 a few changes using white chocolate chips instead of 

butterscotch chips.  I made one batch with strawberry jam and

 another with raspberry preserves.  Both came out well.  Next

 time I make this recipe, I will use fresh pieces of strawberries

 and a touch of chocolate and will leave out the jam.  They

 tasted like breakfast bars but definitely weren't

 healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast!  




Ingredients

  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 3 tablespoons strawberry jam

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, pressing it into the corners and up the sides; leave an overhang on 2 sides. Butter the foil.
Put 4 tablespoons butter and the brown sugar in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in the vanilla. Let cool slightly, then stir in the egg.
Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Stir into the butter mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips and nuts and spread the batter in the pan. Drop dollops of jam on top and swirl with a knife. Bake until set, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes on a rack, then lift the foil and transfer the blondies to the rack to cool completely. Remove the foil and cut into bars.

1 comment :

  1. These look like some fantastic blondies. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your blondies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-14_22.html

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished