Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chicken Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Every since one of my best friend's had her baby last month, we've been having weekly dinners.  Hubs and I bring dinner every Thursday, my new favorite tradition.  I'm always on the lookout for a recipe that I can make ahead of time and bring over hot.  I came across this one at Keeping up with the Joneses.   I also borrowed her picture, because I forgot to take one at home and my phone pics didn't turn out well.  Anyhow, delicious recipe.  Definitely will make it again.  Enjoy! 




Chicken Lasagna with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (from Southern Living)

Ingredients:
4 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 8 oz containers chive-and-onion cream cheese
1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 tsp seasoned pepper
3/4 tsp garlic salt
9 no-boil lasagna noodles
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Italian three-cheese blend
1 12 oz jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
1 16 oz jar creamy Alfredo sauce (I bought Bertolli)
1 3 oz package shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper

Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 350. In a food processor, combine the drained red peppers, alfredo, shredded parmesan and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. In a bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, spinach, pepper and garlic salt.
  • Lightly grease 11x7 inch baking dish. Layer dish with one-third red pepper sauce, 3 noodles, one-third of spinach mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat twice to finish. Place on a baking sheet and bake, covered, for 50 to 55 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes.

Total Time: 1.5 hours including time to cook the chicken
Serves: 8

2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished