Monday, July 18, 2011

DIY Crayon Holder

I've been inspired by all of the crayon creations I've seen on Pinterest lately.  With the start of school in a few weeks, I wanted to make a few of them for my classroom.  First up is this crafty crayon pencil/ marker/ whatever you want it to hold holder.  Since I don't have all my school stuff at home, I can't tell you exactly what it will be used for.  But, I'm thinking washable markers or highlighters.  It's a pretty good sized box.  This little gem took me just an hour to make.  


Materials: 
Acrylic Paint
Wooden Box
Mod Podge
Ribbon
3  (24) Packs of Crayons 
Hot Glue 

Step 1: Start out with a plain wooden box.  I bought mine at Jo Ann's.  


Paint your box your desired color.  I painted one coat on the outside and inside.  I painted a second coat on the top of the box since it would not be covered in crayons.  



Step 2: Paint a coat of Mod Podge over the paint.  I painted the entire box.  


Step 3: Hot glue the crayons to the box.  I started at the corner and makes my way around. I ended up using just over two boxes of crayons.  


Step 4: Hot glue a coordinating ribbon around the top of the box and you're finished!  Fill with whatever you'd like.  


Linkng Up
  

Creative Itch

3 comments :

  1. cute idea!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also stopping by from Tatertots and Jello. I love your idea. I have a small daycare in my home and that would be perfect for craft time.

    Rhonda @ The Messy Roost
    messyroost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished