Monday, July 11, 2011

Tilapia with Peach and Pepper Salsa



This cooking light recipe has been in my recipe binder for months now.  I had fresh tilapia this past week and figured this would be a perfect summer recipe.  The salsa was simple to make.  I didn't use arugula and opted for a jalapeno pepper instead of a habanero. 

 
Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped peeled yellow peaches (about 1 pound)
  • 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
  • 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh arugula
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
  • 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 habanerpepper, seeded and minced
  • garlic clove, minced

Preparation

1. To prepare salsa, combine first 9 ingredients; toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.



**For the fish**
I dipped the fish in one egg and coated it with instant mashed potato mix from Betty Crocker. I cooked it at 375 for 15 minutes.  I served it with the salsa on top.   


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished