This cooking light recipe has been in my recipe binder for months now. I had fresh tilapia this past week and figured this would be a perfect summer recipe. The salsa was simple to make. I didn't use arugula and opted for a jalapeno pepper instead of a habanero.
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped peeled yellow peaches (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1. To prepare salsa, combine first 9 ingredients; toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.
**For the fish**
I dipped the fish in one egg and coated it with instant mashed potato mix from Betty Crocker. I cooked it at 375 for 15 minutes. I served it with the salsa on top.