Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Baked Parmesan Tomatoes

This is the first recipe I've made from Eating Well.  I found the website from Pinterset and will definitely be spending more time on there.  Healthy and delicious, I'm there!  This side looked yummy, so I decided to make it.  There are only a few ingredients and very little time is spent making them.  I made the tomatoes with parmesan crusted tilapia.  I cooked the fish and tomatoes together at 450 for about 12 minutes.  All in all, it was a tasty and healthy dinner.  

 4 servings

Active Time: Total Time: 

INGREDIENTS

  • 4 tomatoes, halved horizontally
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper, to taste
  • 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
PREPARATION
  1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
  2. Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Top with Parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.

2 comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished