Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Smores Pie II

My first smores pie was a hit, but very, very rich.  I wanted to attempt another one, using half the cookie dough. And that is exactly what I did. This dessert took about 20 minutes to make and another 10-15 to cool and harden.  It was darn tasty.  I'll be keeping the ingredients on hand at all times when I need another quick go-to dessert.  Enjoy!

Ingredients: 
Mini Marshmallows (large will work too)
Baker;s Dipping Chocolate in Milk Chocolate 
1 tub of Cooke Dough (or break and bake)


Directions: 
Press cookie dough into a pie pan.  I slightly greased mine, even though I probably didn't have to.  I allowed the cookie dough to soften a but before pressing it also.  Bake the cookie dough as directed on the package but take it out two minutes before it is done.  I baked at 350 for 10 minutes, then took it out.   Next, pile the marshmallows on top of the baked cookie dough.  Put it back in the oven for a few minutes, until the marshmallows start to expand.  Once marshmallows have slightly expanded switch the oven to a low broil.  This will slightly brown the marshmallows.  I only left it in for about a minute.  Then, melt the chocolate according to the directions on the cup.  With a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the marshmallows.  Cool.  We didn't want to wait long, so we put it in the freezer for 10 minutes.  Cut and serve.  










No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished