Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pampered Chef: Artichoke Tapanade


As soon as I got my new manual food processor, I could not wait to use it.  There are tons of new fall and winter recipes using the processor that I have on my list to make.  I decided on this one first because I love artichokes and green olives.  I made it for our football party and couldn't believe how easy it was.  It took less than 10 minutes and made a good amount of dip.  I served it with pita chips and had the leftovers for the next week.  Delish!


Ingredients:
1  lemon
1  can (14 oz or 398 mL) artichoke hearts in water
1/4  cup (50 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley
1  garlic clove, peeled
1/2  cup (125 mL) pitted green olives
1  tbsp (15 mL) capers
5  tbsp (75 mL) olive oil

Toasted Baguette Slices (optional, see below)

Directions:
1.  Zest lemon using Microplane(R) Zester to measure 1/2 tsp (2 mL). Juice lemon using Citrus Press to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL) juice. Drain artichokes using small Stainless Mesh Colander; pat dry using paper towels.

2.  Combine parsley, garlic, lemon zest, juice, artichokes, olives, capers and oil in Manual Food Processor. Cover and pump handle to process to desired consistency, removing lid and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary using Mini Mix 'N Scraper(R). Serve with Toasted Baguette Slices, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings (about 2 cups/500 mL)

Toasted Baguette Slices

20  slices French bread, cut 1/4 in. (6 mm) thick

2  tbsp (30 ml) olive oil


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished