Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin White Chocolate Chip Brownies

This recipe was one of my Pinterest pins, originally from Pennies on a Platter. I should probably have my own pin board devoted to pumpkin with all that I pin.  Honestly, if it says pumpkin there's a 95% chance I've already pinned it or I will pin it.  I picked up 3 large cans of pumpkin from Target this past weekend just to make sure I didn't run out this year.  It was so hard to find last year and I was not going to let that happen again.  I made this recipe for hubs to bring to work with him.  His team is long overdue for sweet treats and since it's now officially fall I had to celebrate with a pumpkin recipe.  


This recipe is AMAZING.  I wish I could keep the entire pan for myself.  They are so light, moist and fluffy. The pumpkin is there but not overpowering.  Just simply amazing.  I used white chocolate chips in this mix instead of chocolate.  I wanted to change things up a bit.  Do yourself a favor and add this to your list of things to make.  Your friends and tummy with thank you! HAPPY FALL!







Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies

Yield: 24 small brownies
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used white chocolate chips)
Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Line an 11″- x 7″-inch pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth.  Set aside.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.  Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.  Cool completely before cutting.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished