Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tasty Pumpkin Muffins


When I saw a pumpkin recipe with over 4,000 reviews, I couldn't pass it up.  I have a pumpkin obsession- probably not the healthiest obsession. But cheaper than shoes right? 
When this time of year comes around, pumpkin takes over my life.   I'm at Dunkin Donuts everyday for their pumpkin coffee-no lie.  My house smells like Bath & Body works, with 7 pumpkin scented plug ins and pumpkin candles burning non stop.  What can I say....it's the little things that make you happy! Anyhow, I made this recipe right away.  I made a few big changes to the mix, which I noted below.  Then, I decided to make muffins instead of bread.  I'm more of a grab and go kind of girl.  I was able to make about 40 muffins.  I did one batch of just plain muffins.  I did another with dark chocolate chips.  And the last batch had cranberries and walnuts.  All of them were fabulous.  I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried.  And since I made so darn many, I can have a different kind each day.  I couldn't even part with these muffins, they went straight to the freezer.  I'll be enjoying them every morning for the next month! 


INGREDIENTS:
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (1 cup applesauce)
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar (1 cup brown & 1 cup white)
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice 
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
2.In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pans.
3.Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. The muffins took 20 minutes to bake.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished