Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Almond Chicken Casserole

Last weekend my mom was in town spending some quality time with me.  We had spend the day out and about on Sunday and I realized I had nothing planned for dinner.  Luckily, we were at Super Target and I have an All Recipes app on my phone.  It took me less than 5 minutes to find this recipe and all of the ingredients I needed for it.  Oh how I love technology! Since the recipe makes TONS, I cut it in half.  It still provided lots of food for hubs and I.  Next time I make it, it will probably be for a get together.  





Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
  • 3 cups water
  • 5 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons chopped onion
  • 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
  • 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 3 cups cornflakes cereal
  • 1 cup butter, melted

Directions

  1. Combine rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a large bowl stir together the cooked rice, diced chicken, mayonnaise, yogurt, cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth. Mix in the lemon juice, onion, water chestnuts, 1 cup of sliced almonds, and celery. Season with white pepper and salt. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
  4. In a bowl, toss the remaining 1/2 cup sliced almonds and cornflakes cereal with the melted butter. Spread evenly over the casserole.
  5. Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished