Recipe found on Pinterest. Originally from Taste of Home.
My mom and I made this punch for our annual Christmas Eve party. My picture is definitely not as pretty as the Taste of Home picture, but the punch was definitely just as delicious. I'm sure of that. This will be a traditional drink on Christmas Eve from here on out!
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) strawberry jelly
- 2 liters lemon-lime soda, divided
- 2 quarts peppermint stick ice cream
- Miniature candy canes, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt jelly with 2 cups soda.
- Chill the jelly mixture and remaining soda.
- Just before serving, place 6 cups ice cream in a
- punch bowl.
- Gently stir in jelly mixture.
- Add remaining soda. Add remaining ice cream by scoopfuls.
- Garnish with candy canes if desired.
- Yield: 3-1/2 quarts.