Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cheesy Chicken and Tomato Bruschetta Turnovers

I completely slacked on dinner this past week.  I hosted a cookie exchange on Sunday and was preparing for that all weekend.  Therefore, I never made a meal plan for the week or even made it to he grocery store.  At work on Tuesday, I decided to get a rotisseree chicken.  I figured I would have something at home I could put with it,  so I searched for quick and easy rotisseree recipes.  This is the one I decided on, it came from Disney Family.com. 

This recipe was very simple to make.  I decided to make my own bruschetta because it's much cheaper.  I will admit I struggled a bit with the turnover portion of the dinner.  Mine ended up looking like pockets.  But, they still turned out great.  I loved the flakiness that came from the puff pastry.  That with the cheese, bruschetta and chicken= deliciousness! 




Ingredients
  • 1 package (2 sheets) puff pastry, thawed
  • 2 pounds rotisserie chicken, (1 small)
  • 1/2 cup tomato bruschetta, (store-bought)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon water












Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Remove meat from chicken and chop -- you need 2 cups. Save leftover chicken and carcass for other recipes.
  3. Unfold puff pastry and cut each sheet into 4 even squares.
  4. Beat egg and water until frothy and brush the outer edge of each square with mixture.
  5. Mound in the center of each pastry square: 1/4 cup chicken, 1 tablespoon each of bruschetta, Parmesan and mozzarella.
  6. Fold pastry over diagonally, making a triangle, and press the edges well to seal. Brush the top of each pastry with egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling at the edges.
  7. For appetizer-sized turnovers: Cut each pastry sheet into 8 squares and top each with a tablespoon of chicken and a teaspoon each of bruschetta, Parmesan and mozzarella. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling at the edges. Makes 16 appetizers.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished