Sunday, December 4, 2011

Crockpot Jambalaya



Again, I've found another delicious crock pot recipe.  And again, thanks to Pinterest.  The recipe comes from Plain Chicken. I took her advice and prepared the meal the night before and threw it in the crock pot in the morning.  Very easy.  I'm glad I saved it for a cold night because it was perfect. Plus, there was a lot leftover so I enjoyed it for lunch a few times as well.  


Slow Cooker Jambalaya

approximately 5-6 servings

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced 
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
3 Tbsp dried minced onion flakes
1 cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tsp minced garlic
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
white rice or instant rice (I used 2 packs of Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Garlic & Butter flavor)

In a slow cooker, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, garlic, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.  (I do this the night before and put it in the fridge.  I put it in the slow cooker before I leave in the morning.)

Cover, and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High. Mix in cooked rice cook for about 15 minutes to warm through.

1 comment :

  1. Yum!! I just got a crock pot, well I've had it, but just pulled it out to start using it. I'll definitely need to try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished