While at Target at the beginning of December I came across peppermint icing. I love peppermint and was eager to try this new (to me) icing. I'm obsessed with making these little bite sized cups for all gatherings (you may remember the red velvet, halloween, or snickerdoodle). They are so quick to make and so very easy. I actually make them at all of my Pampered Chef shows. Knowing you can't go wrong with a peppermint/ chocolate combination, I decided to use chocolate cake mix to create these bites. The peppermint icing isn't too strong and paired perfectly with the cake mix to create a one bite dessert that I couldn't stop eating! ENOY!
Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 cup (or 1 stick) melted butter
1 tub of Peppermint Frosting
Mini Tart Shaper
2-3 Candy Canes
1. Melt your butter, add the cake mix and then the egg and mix together in the classic batter bowl.
2. Once you get your dough, simply scoop it into a greased mini muffin pan. using the small scoop.
3. Bake at 350* for 8-10 min (until light brown)
4. When your cups come out of the oven they will be slightly brown, spray your mini tart shaper with cooking spray to help them not stick and press down the center of each cup.
5. Once all the tops are pressed down, move the bites to a cooling rack.
6. Once the cups have cooled, fill with peppermint frosting using the easy accent decorator.
7. Using the food chopper, chop the candy canes into small pieces
8. Sprinkle the candy cane pieces on top of the icing.
*Use any cake mix and frosting combination for a variety of sweet treats!
Yields: 30 bites