Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe Courtesy Sweet Peas Kitchen
The recipe you'll find below is for bread, but I decided to make muffins. I wanted something quick I could grab for breakfast this week. Thanks to Pinterest, I didn't have to look far for a fabulous recipe! You'll see my changes to the recipe below in red.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (1/2 cup cinnamon apple sauce)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (dark chocolate chocolate chips)
- *1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Puree 1 cup of strawberries in a blender. Transfer to a medium bowl. Slice remaining 1 cup of strawberries and place in the medium bowl with the strawberry puree. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add oil, eggs and vanilla extract to the strawberry mixture, stir to combine. Add strawberry mixture to flour mixture, blending until dry ingredients are just moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan (greased muffin pan) and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes (20 minutes were perfect for the muffins). Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto the wire rack, and cool completely.
Yields: 1 - 9 x 5-inch loaf (12 large muffins)