Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Grandpa Frame




Thanks so Pinterest, I found a really cute Grandpa saying/quote that I wanted to use for Father's Day.  It was on a home made card, but I thought it would be perfect on a frame for my dad.  

I started out with a plain wood frame.  I found it for $1 at Michaels.  From there I found one piece of scrapbook paper that I thought would match his office.  

First, I painted the back of the wood frame and sides brown.  I used an acrylic paint.  

Once the paint was dry, I traced the frame onto the scrapbook paper.  I did the outside first and then the middle.  



After that, I used Mod Podge to adhere the scrapbook paper to the frame.  One thin coat is all I used on the wood.  Use something stiff to run over the scrapbook paper to make sure there aren't any bumps in the paper from the Mod Podge.  


Next, seal the frame with Mod Podge.  Make sure to cover the sides, front and back of the frame.  


I used 1 coat on the entire thing before I put the letters on.  


The last step is the letters.  You can use stickers, a paint pen or paper.  I used my Cricut to cut cardstock paper letters.  Line up the letters to make sure everything fits.  My letters were an inch on the top and 1.25 inches for Grandpa.  In order to adhere the letters to the frame, you'll need more Mod Podge.  

Paint a thin coat ontop of the scrap paper (again) and place the letters on.  Make sure they are straight and lined up in the right place.  Do this for all the letters/ saying.  Let dry.  

Finally, put another coat of Mod Podge over the entire frame and let it dry.  


Give your gift to a very deserving grandpa! 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished