I made a fall bucket list a few weeks back and this was one of the recipes I said I wanted to bake. Magic Layer Bars are one of my favorite desserts and so addicting! When I came across one recipe made with pumpkin, I had to give it a try! I made a few changes to the recipe which I noted below. The bars were AH-MAZING. The middle pumpkin layer tasted like pumpkin pie & the rest of it was just icing on top. Enjoy!
Pumpkin 7-Layer Magic Bars
Recipe Courtesy of BakersRoyale
Makes one 8×8 pan |
Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Create a foil sling with a 1 inch over hang.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 whole crackers)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 11 oz. golden delicious apples, shredded (about 2 regular size apples) *OMITTED
- 11/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup salted almonds, coarsely chopped *USED PECANS
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine graham crackers and butter and stir until well blended. Press mixture onto bottom of pan
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and stir until well combined. Pour mixture over graham cracker crust.
- Peel and core apples. Use the large side of the grating box to shred the apples. Layer shredded apples on the sweetened sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle on chocolate chips, followed by the almonds and then finish by sprinkling coconut on top.
- Place assembled pan in the oven and bake for about 25-35 minutes. Let cool in pan completely and then transfer finished pan to the refrigerator to chill before cutting.
- *I KEPT THE DESSERT IN THE FRIDGE UNTIL IT WAS GONE*