Friday, January 11, 2013

Crockpot Honey Apple Pork Loin

I'm sure you've seen this recipe floating around Pinterest.  The picture alone had me sold.  My picture wasn't nearly as good, but this recipe did not disappoint.  



Results: Some of the most delicious pork I've ever had.  Just sweet enough and perfectly tender.  I'm not sure how I feel about the apples at the top and bottom.  I loved the apples between the pork.  I think next time I'd cut the apples at the top and bottom a little smaller so that they can go with each bite.  They were pretty mushy by the time the meal was done in the crock pot but I think that is how they're supposed to be.  It was the bigger pieces of the skin I had trouble with.  We served it with rice.  

Honey Apple Pork Loin

Ingredients:
Pork Loin, 2.5-3 lbs.
Red Delicious Apples, 3 sliced
Honey, approx 4 T
Cinnamon, 2 T
Process:
Lay the apple slices (from two of the apples) in the bottom of the crockpot.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cut slits in the pork loin (approx 1/2″-3/4″).
Drizzle some honey into the slits.
Then place apple slices into the slits.
Place the pork loin into the crockpot.
Drizzle the top with the remainder of the honey.
Place the rest of the apples on top.
Then sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon.
Cook on low for 7 hours.


3 comments :

  1. Perfect! I've been debating trying this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm trying to freeze some meals before baby just like you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! Too bad my husband is not a fan of cooked fruit!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished