Friday, January 4, 2013

Pumpkin Pie French Toast

By now you should know that I love all things pumpkin.  
Which is why I decided to give this recipe a try.  
I've had it on my Pinterest board for a while now, I always think of making it but never got around to it. 
I knew if I added it to our Christmas breakfast menu, I would definitely make it.  
And I did.  


Results: Delish.  I made sure there was a thin pumpkin layer on the toast after making the first one and thinking there was a little too much pumpkin on it.  Next time, I'll add some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.  
Enjoy! 

Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Courtesy of 5 Dollar Dinners

Yield – 4 servings


Ingredients


  • 14 slices whole wheat sandwich bread 
  • 3 eggs 
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin 
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • Butter and syrup for serving 


Directions


  • Set out the bread for dipping.
  • In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
  • Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
  • Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit.
  • If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
  • Enjoy this perfect fall “breakfast for dinner”!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished