By now you should know that I love all things pumpkin.
Which is why I decided to give this recipe a try.
I've had it on my Pinterest board for a while now, I always think of making it but never got around to it.
I knew if I added it to our Christmas breakfast menu, I would definitely make it.
And I did.
Results: Delish. I made sure there was a thin pumpkin layer on the toast after making the first one and thinking there was a little too much pumpkin on it. Next time, I'll add some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
Courtesy of 5 Dollar Dinners
Yield – 4 servings
- 14 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Butter and syrup for serving
- Set out the bread for dipping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin and pie spice until smooth.
- Dip each side of the bread and cook on a hot, greased griddle or skillet. Flip after 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once all are cooked, serve with butter and maple. And a side of fresh fruit.
- If freezing, let cool completely to reduce freezer burn.
- Enjoy this perfect fall “breakfast for dinner”!