Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lemon Pound Cake

This recipe comes off the side of the Duncan Hines lemon cake mix box.  I was searching for things to make for a brunch at our house and noticed it when I was planning my recipes.  I already had the cake mix (and other ingredients) at home so all I needed was the pudding.  I do love cheap and easy recipes! 

Results: Of course, I loved that it took no time to prepare.  I was surprised it made two large loaves.  I was able to enjoy one at home and send the other to work with hubs.  I'm not a huge lemon fan, yet I enjoyed this recipe.  I didn't add the frosting glaze to the cake.  I didn't want the added calories and felt is was good just the way it was. This cake would be perfect for spring.  It's a light cake with the perfect hint of lemon. This could easily be either a dessert or breakfast recipe. Enjoy!



Lemon Pound Cake 
Courtesy of Duncan Hines


Ingredients

Cake:

  • 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Moist Deluxe® Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
  • 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant lemon pudding and pie filling
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:

  • 1/2 cup Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Frosting, favorite flavor

Baking Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
  2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
  3. Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Invert onto heat resistant serving plate. Cool completely.
  4. For glaze, place frosting in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power 10 to 15 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished