Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad

Last month my Sister In Law came to visit us.  She's a vegetarian, so I wanted to plan a meal that we could all eat (and enjoy).  I remembered pinning this recipe a while back and decided to give it a go when she was here.  I love sweet potatoes and can eat corn salsa every night.  Aside from baking the potatoes, this recipe was an easy fix.  There was even some left over corn and bean mix, which we enjoyed with guacamole and tortilla chips.  


Results: The husband wasn't a fan of this dinner at all.  He ate a few bites making ridiculous faces with each bite.  When I finally told him he didn't have to eat it, he exhaled and pushed his plate over. Dramatic much?  But the SIL and I really enjoyed it.  I loved the freshness that the cilantro added to it and how filling it was. I'll definitely make it again, probably for lunch since hubs won't eat it.  Enjoy!  


Sweet Potatoes Stuffed with Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad
Courtesy of Alaska from Scratch

Ingredients
  • 4 small sweet potatoes or yams, baked
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup corn*
  • 3 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • For the Vinaigrette:
  • 2 limes, zested and juiced
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotles in adobo)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Instructions
  1. In a bowl, add the black beans, corn, onions, and cilantro. Stir to combine. In a smaller bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, oil, honey, adobo, salt and pepper. Pour over the black bean mixture and toss to combine. Slice open the baked sweet potatoes. Stuff potatoes with the Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Salad. Serve.


2 comments :

  1. THis sounds really good to me but my husband would act the same way yours did. God forbid there's no meat on his plate! lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound so good! I think I will have to make them for us :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished