Monday, July 1, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies






This past week we had some friends over for dinner.  I had intentions of going to the store the day of to grab something to make for dessert but it rained all day.  Trying to go to the store with a baby in the rain just doesn't mix.  So I searched for a quick cookie recipe that I could make with ingredients I had at home.  Thankfully peanut butter was BOGO the week before and I had enough for this recipe.  
Results: By now you should know that I am all about quick recipes.  Especially now since my baby girl is on the move and I don't have much time in the kitchen unless she's eating.  I was able to get these made during an hour nap.  The batter took no time and I decided to make the cookies with my medium sized scoop, so the recipe yielded about 26 cookies for me.  The cookies didn't have an overwhelming oatmeal taste and the perfect amount of peanut butter.  I decided to add white chocolate chips to mix in and added just over a half of a cup. Enjoy! 
Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies 
Courtesy of Averie Cooks
Ingredients:
1/2 c butter
1/3 c peanut butter
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 c old fashioned whole oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 c white chocolate chips
1/2 c peanut butter chips (or use butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, toffee bits, raisins, nuts, seeds, etc.)
Directions:
In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and peanut butter together.  Power on for 30 seconds, take out, stir.  Repeat.  Should take no more than about 90 seconds.
Add the brown & white sugar to the melted butter & peanut butter mixture and stir.  Set this is the freezer for a couple minutes.
Remove from the freezer (or just wait for the mixture to come to room temp on it’s own) and add the egg + yolk (you just don’t want to add eggs to that hot mixture.  We don’t want scrambled eggs here), add the vanilla extract, and stir.
Then add the flour, oats, baking soda and stir.  You should have cookie dough consistency dough and if you don’t, either add a touch more flour if it’s too wet or a touch more peanut butter if it’s too dry.
Finally, add the white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips and stir.
Roll or spoon out golf ball sized balls onto a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.  They spread but not tons.
Bake at 325F for approximately 10-12 minutes.  (I like very underdone and soft cookies so I baked for 10 minutes)  The cookies will look pretty raw even at 12 minutes and that’s ok.  Take them out and let the sit and cool well before eating.
Yields: 22 to 24 cookies

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished