Tuesday, October 15, 2013

BBQ Chili

I guess I'm on a bit of a BBQ kick lately.  Maybe this Texas living is rubbing off on me...

Chili is a staple in our house during the fall and winter months.  
I make it once a week, usually on Sunday or Monday so that we can enjoy leftovers for lunch throughout the week.  I've been making the same chili recipe lately and was ready for a change.  I pinned this one on Pinterest recently and decided to give it a go. 

Results:  This was exactly what I was looking for.  A recipe that wasn't your typical chili but still hearty enough to fill you up.  It reminded me of a sloppy joe.  Even my one year old ate the beans, meat and corn.  She is super picky so this is definitely a win in our house!  Enjoy! 
BBQ Chili
Adapted from I Heart Eating 

Ingredients
1 lb. lean ground turkey (or beef)
1 onion, finely chopped (optional, we don't use onions)
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can corn, drained
3 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (16 oz.) bottle of barbecue sauce (sweet baby rays is our go to)
2 tsp. chili powder 
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. cumin
1 T. brown sugar

Directions
  1. Brown the ground meat. Drain.
  2. Return the cooked meat to the pot.
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
  4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished