Friday, January 10, 2014

Almond- Crusted Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Glaze

I have to admit, most of the pork chops I've made recently have been in the crock pot.  With a little one climbing all over the kitchen, I have been looking for quick and easy recipes. Which usually means another crock pot dinner! 

Now that the new year has arrived, I've set some new goals.  One of which is eating more clean.  Not only do I want to do this for myself, but I want to do this for my daughter. I want to know everything that is going in that little body of hers and teach her the importance of eating healthy at an early age.  

When I received my weekly eMeals menu (yes, directly to my inbox!) I knew this was one of the first recipes I would make.  It reminded me of one of my most popular recipes, pretzel chicken but a much lighter version! 

It was easy to make, even with a little one pulling out all the pots and pans at my feet.
  



Almond Crusted Pork Chops with Creamy Mustard Sauce 


Courtesy of eMeals 



20 minutes prep time, 10 minutes cook time 



Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
3/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 egg whites
6 pork loin chops (boneless)
2 TBS olive oil
1 can (14.5 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth 

1/2 cup dry white wine
1 TBS cornstarch 
3 TBS Dijon mustard
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream 

Directions: 

Place breadcrumbs, almonds and garlic in a shallow dish: beat egg whites in a small bowl until foamy. Dip pork ships in egg white, dredge in panko mixture. 

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add pork chops. 

Cook 10-12 minutes, turning once, until browned and done- remove from skillet and keep warm.   

Whisk together chicken broth, wine and cornstarch, add to skillet, and cook, whisking often, over medium high heat until thickened. Stir in mustard and sour cream until blended; serve sauce over pork chops.  





 eMeals is a subscription service that sends weekly meal plans to your inbox based on information you provide. We've been very happy with the recipes so far! 


Sign up in just 4 simple steps:
1. Pick your meal plan (I have the clean eating plan)
2. Recipes for the WEEK along with sides will be emailed to you.  
3. They even give you a grocery list to take shopping.  
4. Enjoy an easy dinner that your husband will think took hours to make! 
USE CODE DINNER15 to save 15%

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished