Monday, April 21, 2014

parmesan pork chops with lemon caper sauce

I fell in love with capers when my husband and I honeymooned in St. Lucia.  There was an italian restaurant on the resort that used them in a dish I fell in love with.  I remember coming home and searching for recipes that used capers.  The only problem was, hubs didn't like them.  So after making a few meals that he wasn't impressed with, I stopped using them.  With this pregnancy I have crave salty things, not sweets. Completely different from the first time around! Anyhow, I've been eating olives and pretzels like they're going out of style.  When this recipe popped up in my inbox from Emeals, I decided to add it to the menu.  I figured hubs could eat the chops without the sauce if he didn't want the capers.  

Results:  What I loved the most about this meal is how quick it was to make.  20 minutes was all I spent in the kitchen from start to finish. My favorite part of the meal was the lemon caper sauce.  It satisfied my salty craving, while not being too over the top. I served it with quinoa and steamed broccoli.  Enjoy! 


Parmesan Pork Chips with Lemon Caper Sauce
Courtesy of Emeals 

Ingredients: 
1/4 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 boneless pork loin chops
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon capers

Directions: 
Combine panko and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add pork chops. Cook pork 4 minutes on each side or until done; remove pork and keep warm. Add chicken broth and lemon juice to skillet, stirring with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits from bottom. Cook for 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup. Add capers to skillet and spoon sauce over pork.  


 eMeals is a subscription service that sends weekly meal plans to your inbox based on information you provide. We've been very happy with the recipes so far! 

Sign up in just 4 simple steps:
1. Pick your meal plan (I have the clean eating plan)
2. Recipes for the WEEK along with sides will be emailed to you.  
3. They even give you a grocery list to take shopping.  
4. Enjoy an easy dinner that your husband will think took hours to make! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished