Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mini Carrot Cake Muffins

I wasn't sure whether to call these muffins or mini cakes.  I decided that since they were made in a mini muffin pan, muffins they would be. If you didn't add the icing on top, these would be the perfect bite sized breakfast treats. With the icing on top, they become a fabulous dessert.  

I made these for Easter this year. While looking for items to add to my menu, I looked for simple recipes. I was three and a half months pregnant at Easter. I was sick, exhausted and not really in the mood for spending all Easter in the kitchen making a meal. These muffins ended up being the perfect dessert. They were quick, easy to make and even easier to just pop in your mouth. The little one snacked on them from the minute they came out of the oven. She was a big fan. Everyone else enjoyed them after our lunch. I loved that they weren't too filling yet satisfying for the sweet tooth. Exactly what we needed after a filling Easter lunch.


Mini Carrot Cake Muffins
Courtesy of Six Sisters' Stuff


Bite-Size Carrot Cake:
(Makes 48 cakes)
Ingredients:1 carrot cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 8 oz can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting
Directions:Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together cake mix, eggs, oil, pineapple, raisins, coconut, and walnuts until completely incorporated. Spoon the mixture into greased mini muffin tins, until each one is about 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool completely, and then top with frosting. I used store bought frosting and a Pampered Chef icing tip.  ]

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished