Sunday, September 20, 2009

Man Dip

Earlier this year I tried "man dip" at a friends bachelorette party. The dip was a hit among 20 girls and was the first dish we finished. It tasted just like chicken wings, without the mess! I've been wanting to make this for a long time now and with the start of football season, it was the perfect opportunity! I didn't have the exact recipe, so I visited my friend Google. I found a few recipes and decided to go with a recipe from All Recipes (Buffalo Chicken Dip) and made a few minor changes. Below is the recipe from All Recipes. I used blue cheese dressing instead of ranch, I used buffalo sauce instead of hot sauce, and added blue cheese crumbles to the top of the dish before I baked it. I served it with tortilla chips and it was also delicious with Fritos. This dip was amazing, and I have a feeling I will be making a few more times before the end of the football season!



INGREDIENTS:
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese,
softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red
Hot®)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch
pieces
1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
DIRECTIONS:
1.Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished