Saturday, November 28, 2009

Classic Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies


Classic peanut butter kiss cookies.  One of my favorites.  Also a Christmas tradition in our house.  I always looked forward to the day my mom made these.  You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.  Not at all.  

 These cookies will be one of the cookies at the cookie bar at our wedding. Believe it or not, I've never attempted to make these cookies on my own. D had a request for these cookies from a co-worker....so I tested them out for the last USF football game today. I used the Betty Crocker recipe for the peanut butter cookies and placed Hershey kisses on them when they came out of the oven. I followed the recipe below, but put the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour after mixing, before baking.

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt


Directions: 

1. Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Heat oven to 375ºF.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
4. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

1 comment :

  1. Those cookies are my favorites! I've even gone the simpler way and started to buy the peanut butter refrigerated cookie dough - so easy and tastes the same!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished