Sunday, January 3, 2010
Peanut Butter- Chocolate Balls
This is my favorite Christmas "cookie" recipe. If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter like I am, these are a must make!
3 cups of rice krispies cereal
1 box of confectioners sugar
2 cups of crunchy peanut butter
1 stick melted butter
3/4 bag of chocolate chips
1/2 stick of paraffin wax
1. Toss rice krispies, confectioners sugar, and peanut butter with a fork.
2. Add butter and mix well.
3. Roll into balls and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Melt the chocolate chips in a double broiler.
5. Add the paraffin wax (cut into slivers, using a potato peeler)
6. Mix until smooth.
7. Get the peanut butter balls out of the refrigerator.
8. Dip balls in melted chocolate and place on wax paper to dry.
**Since this recipe has been in my family for a long time, I am not sure where it originally came from.**
⋅ Labels: Cookies