Friday, March 12, 2010

Feta & Spinach Turkey Burgers


We had ground turkey meat and didn't want chili, meatloaf or a casserole....so turkey burgers it was!! I wanted a different recipe, not just plain old turkey burgers. After a little searching, I found a tasty recipe with great reviews. I made a few changes to make it work for Derek and I. First, I cut the recipe in half because I only had one pound of turkey meat. Next, I added a few dashes of worcestershire and instead of eggs, I used egg beater egg whites. Then I mixed everything together and shaped the burgers. Next, I put the meat in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Since the weather was nasty, the burgers were cooked on a griddle. I was worried that the meat wouldn't stay together, but they cooked well. It took about 15 minutes on the griddle. I added sauteed mushrooms to the top of the burger and served on a toasted whole wheat bun. Sweet potato fries went well with these burgers. The only thing that I would change from next time is adding more feta cheese to the meat mixture. Enjoy!
Here is the recipe from AllRecipes.com:
Ingredients:
2 eggs, beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 ounces feta cheese
1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 pounds ground turkey

Directions:
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
While the grill is preheating, mix together eggs, garlic, feta cheese, spinach, and turkey in a large bowl until well combined; form into 8 patties.
Cook on preheated grill until no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished