Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Taco Turkey Meatloaf


I love Mexican food and was in the mood for black beans and rice on the night I made this recipe. I had ground turkey, but not everything I needed to make tacos. So, I decided to create this recipe using the ingredients I had for tacos and a basic meatloaf recipe. I used Sadie's Salsa and El Pinto Green Chili to add to spice things up, which worked perfectly. This recipe took only 30 minutes to make and ended up being a great pairing with black beans and rice. The only changed I would make for the next time is increasing the salsa to 2 tablespoons. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 1/4lb. Ground Turkey
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
1/2 cup egg beaters (2 eggs)
1 package of Taco Seasoning
1 tbs. Green Chili Sauce
1 tbs. Salsa

1/2 cup shredded cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix above ingredients (except cheese) in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Place mixture into a loaf pan.
4. Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Take out and add cheese to the top of the loaf. Bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Enjoy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished