Monday, May 17, 2010

Salsa Ranch Chicken Wraps


I've found so many great recipes in my recent Taste of Home magazine, it was totally worth the $3.99 I paid! I chose this recipe because it seemed simple and quick. They were easy to make, but came out a little messy. Next time, I would not use as much salsa to prevent the excess liquid. Also, instead of swiss cheese, I used shredded colby jack because it's what I had at home. My wraps turned more into quesadillas, but they were still delicious. Enjoy!

Salsa Ranch Chicken Wraps
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Ingredients
4 tablespoons salsa
4 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
4 tomato basil tortillas (10 inches) (I used spinach)
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), grilled and cut into strips
12 slices cucumber
8 slices tomato
1/2 cup julienned green pepper
6 slices Swiss cheese
2 tablespoons butter, divided (I used cooking spray to cut calories)

Directions
Spread 1 tablespoon of salsa and 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing over each tortilla. Place the chicken, cucumber, tomato and green pepper down each center; top with 1-1/2 slices of cheese. Fold ends of each tortilla over filling.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Place two wraps folded side down in skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining wraps and butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 480 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.

7 comments :

  1. Thank you for providing the information with post.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I blog frequently and I seriously appreciate your information.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Appreciating the persistence you put into your blog and detailed information you provide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the theme/design of your website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful to discover somebody with some original thoughts on this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished