Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Wine Bottle Tags
A student of mine gave me a water bottle tag this year and I loved the idea. I decided to copy the design and use it for wine bottles. Who doesn't like a good bottle of wine for a gift? This is a way of putting a card on the bottle, with it looking cute at the same time. Below you will see the materials I used to make the tag.
1. Cut a piece of card-stock to 2 inches wide by 6 inches long.
2. Fold the card-stock at the 2 1/2 inch mark (from the top).
3. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper that is 2 1/2 inches long and 2 inches wide.
4. Glue scrapbook paper onto the top of the card-stock. The decorative scrapbook paper should be the same length as the card-stock up to the fold.
5. Using a 1 inch circular punch, punch a circle on top of the scrapbook and card-stock layer. You now have your tag.
6. Decorate your tag as you wish.
** In this example I used a polka-dot punch with layered orange paper. I also attached a flowed using a brad to the upper right corner. You can write a message on the tag, or stamp it with a special message.
I am looking forward to creating many more tags this summer for various special occasions.