Monday, July 12, 2010

Blondie Cups



This brownie peanut butter cups were my inspiration for this creation. I loved the way the brownie cups turned out and needed a quick and easy for a World Cup party this past weekend. I didn't want to make brownies again, but wanted to use my leftover peanut butter cups and foil wrappers. I found the blondie recipe from Martha Stewart. I prepared the recipe exactly as directed, but doubled the amounts. I added the chocolate chips and then divided the batter before adding the walnuts. I only had a few peanut butter cups, so I decided to make 2 variations of the blondies. In one half of the batter I added coconut along with the walnuts and chocolate chips. For the other half of the batter I didn't add anything other than the chocolate chips. I added the peanut butter cups to this mixture about half way through baking. I baked both batches for 22 minutes in mini cupcake pans. As soon as they came out of the oven, I removed the foil wrappers and placed them on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter paper.
In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix just until moistened (do not overmix). Fold in 1/2 cup each chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack, and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares. Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished