Wednesday, July 21, 2010
This past weekend, I hosted a jewelry party at my house. I was so excited about this party for two reasons. 1. It was another reason to find some fabulous recipes to make and share with you! 2. People were going to be able to see our house!!! At the beginning of the week I started searching for recipes and making my list. I decided on 3 dips, 2 sandwiches, 2 desserts, and 2 drinks for about 15 people. This is one of the dessert recipes I made. It was given to me at my bridal shower and I thought it would be a light and fresh summer dessert. Also, I'm not a huge lemon fan, which meant I wouldn't eat all the leftovers!! I found these pretty easy to make and they were enjoyed by all! Now, I'm thinking about all the variations of blossoms I can make!
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 pkg instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
4 cups of powdered sugar
1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
1 lemon (zest)
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. water
1. Preheat over to 350.
2. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
3. Combine first 4 ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth (about 2 min)
4. Fill each tin about 1/2 way.
5. Bake for 12 minutes. Turn out onto teal towel.
1. Sift sugar. Add juice, zest, oil & water.
2. mix with spoon until smooth.
3. With fingers or a fork in bottom of muffin, dip the glaze covering as much of cake as possible.
4. Dry on wire rack with waxed paper underneath to catch drips.
5. Dry for an hour.