Sunday, July 4, 2010

Parmesan Tilapia with Zucchini & Squash


Happy July!!! I can't believe that this year is already more than half way over. It's gone by so fast. One thing July means to me is that football season is just around the corner. Not only do I like love football, but it provides many opportunities for baking and trying out new recipes!
On another note, one of my goals for July is to make recipes off of boxes or containers from items I buy from the store. I hope to post an "Hot off the Box" recipe at least once a week this month. With that said, this is a recipe I got many years ago off of the wrapping on my fish from Publix. Derek and I love this recipe, we usually make it once a week.
Parmesan Tilapia:
2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs **I used Panko
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1/2 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1 large egg (lightly beaten) **I used Egg Beaters
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In shallow bowl, whisk egg. In a large zip-lock bag combine, bread crumbs, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Rinse/pat dry four 8 oz fillets of tilapia. Dip fish into egg mixture and then place in bag with crumb mixture. Shake off excess crumbs and place on baking sheet. Cook for about 15-20 minutes. Fish will flake easily with a fork when done.

Zucchini & Squash
Ingredients:
3 zucchini
3 squash
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (graded)
1-2 tbs. olive oil **I used extra light olive oil **I start with 1 and eyeball it to see if I need more
2 tsp. herb provence seasoning (any herb seasoning will work)
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Wash veggies and cut into discs. Place all discs into a large ziplock bag. Pour olive oil, parmesan cheese, seasoning, salt and pepper into the bag. Coat veggie with mixture. Spread onto an already greased large baking sheet. Cook with the fish at 400 for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished